Tuesday, 29 July 2014

I love the smell of burning polystyrene in the evening.

So lessons learned today.
Polystyrene is messy, it also sticks to absolutely anything!!
Hot airguns make a unusual smell when introduced to polystyrene.
Rejuvenating secondhand wargames tables is a long process.

But ofcourse these lessons mean more progress has been made.

I started off by removing the top covering of old green matting.
Carving out the river and shaping the banks.
Then i lifted out the 2 land sections to reglue them to the board as they were incredible loose.
Trenches were cut in and the whole board textured up with some light passes with a hot air gun.
Finally i made a start on plastering the slope and 'pier'. The rest of the road surfaces will be added after a visit to a diy shop tomorrow.

But pics are what you all want. So here goes.

Main bridge end of the board with the gun emplacement fixed in and banks/trenches carved in. (the trench bases will be raised significantly to allow models to see out of them)


Opposite bank, where the second set of trenches are located along with the site for the 'cafe Gondree'



Now with the scenery placed but not fixed as theres lots of work to do setting the bridge height and levelling off ground.

Main bridge end with control tower, slop and gun pit, along with rough positions of telegraph lines.




Opposite bank with cafe gondree etc


Best attempt at an overhead pic (boards so big its hard to photograph)


Finally the obligatory cross  bridge pic


Thats enough fun for this evening me thinks, i need to dwell on how the hell i am going to 'make' the river look good.